Thought of the moment....

No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!



Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rule Breaker, Rule Breaker -- Oh so naughty!

In honor of the release of POSSESSION by Elana Johnson, (eek) I am to tell you about the time I broke the rules. I must clarify that this post is intended for fun only and not to incriminate myself and be held accountable for things that happened during my teenage years. All names and places have been changed to protect the crew innocent people that participated in said event. J

So the year was 1991 and it was one of those lazy, humidly staggering days. Some of my misfits that choose to accept me were hanging out playing a very challenging game of basketball at one of the local parks. As evening loomed over the hoop at us, we notice some really--what we at the time would call HOT guys coming to join us.

My girls—A, B and C were drooling over said boys in the group and were very excited to play some b-ball with some full contact horseplay. Delightful. Young lust. Sweating profusely, we were ready to cool off, however, it was really late and too late to wander to one of our swimming reservoirs without injury.

So one of us (me) gets this stupid idea of going swimming at the pool which is closed because it was approaching midnight. Yeah, so what did we do? We scaled the fence and jumped in the public pool. A few of my girlfriends (A & Byou know who you are—but I still love ya) were skittish about this plan and declined immediately. I couldn’t be deterred. C went with me and we enjoyed a quick dip with some fantastic guys. I think I did it more to impress the boys than I did to cool off. That is one of my color insights to break the rules!!

Disclosure: If you are one of my children and you are reading this – this is a totally fictitious story and mommy would never do anything like that in her life. DO NOT, I repeat…DO NOT act like the yahoos in the story above.

 If you are one of the local law enforcement officers of that town where that particular pool would happen to reside… no damage was done to the public property. The grass floating all over the place was already there, I swear! The only damage was handsome 1 ripped his shirt on the fence in our hasty exit. Tragic! 

16 comments:

shelly said...

Funny. Funny.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Ooh...that's a good one. Glad you had fun. :)

Carla White said...

Ha ha, sounds fun and exhilarating. Sometimes it's fun to break the rules so long as no one gets hurt.

Nichole Giles said...

Oh my goodness, that's a great one. Breaking and entering, like mine! Love the paragraph at the end.

Windy Aphayrath said...

that's too too funny! i especially like the disclaimer. and yanno, i think if they really DIDN'T want you to ever scale that fence, they wouldn't have made it so easy to climb ;)

Thanks for sharing with us on the bloghop!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! :O)

Unknown said...

This was hilarious. I think by far the funniest was the disclaimer at the end. Genius. Absolute genius!

PS - I'm new here and love it! However I wanted to tell you that I'm one of the bloggers for Afterglow (my personal blog Unedited) and I've chosen the winners for the books! You've won one! Come & see!

Susan Fields said...

Great story! I especially like the message at the end for your kids. :)

Tanya Reimer said...

HAHAHAHA!!! Love the.. ahem... fictious tale.

Stina said...

Oh, man, what I would have given to been there to watch this. :D

Unknown said...

Bad girl! Bad! I love it. Wait, was I there? I don't really remember but that's normal for 1991. Was I arrested. Did I rant about my rights. Have you seen a slightly worn moccasin? I've been missing one since about that time.

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Hahahaha! Dude. That's awesome. That's totally something I would've done!

Christine Danek said...

I really like your disclosure. I don't think your kids will catch on. ;) I enjoyed this. Thanks.

Davin Malasarn said...

What an adventure! I wish I had done more of that stuff when I was younger.

Tracy said...

Great, completely fictious, story! I have a couple of these my future children will never hear of either! LOL

Did you get to kiss any of the boys...uh, in your completely not real story?

Cheryl B. Dale said...

Ah, youth. My roomies and I went for a dip in a park pond one night after midnight. Enjoyed a lovely moonlight swim - water kind of cold and black - but got out without incident. Then we sneaked back over the fence just as this guy roared "Anne" (a roomie's name). We ran like crazy.

Later turned out her brother had brought his date out to look at the water and...you know...before taking her home. Don't know how he recognized his sister in the dark but he did.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...