Thank you Laura for giving me this award. I am sorry it took so long for me to get it posted.
Rules are that you have to list 7 truths about yourself and then you have to pass this along to 7 other bloggers.
1. I am mortified of heights. I have been as long as I can remember. My husband and children have tried to fix me by having me ride roller coasters and climbing on rooftops, the works. But when it all boils down to it, my knees start shaking like my hands and my stomach quivers with waves of nausea. I just can’t get past it. I do things that require me to be at certain heights, but I either close my eyes (like on roller coasters) or I just don’t look around.
2. I want to be a published novelist someday. It has always been a dream of mine to be a writer. I have done journals and kept stories in my head for years and have just now gotten enough courage to start putting it on paper. I have one completed manuscript, and three others partially in the works. Plus two other plot lines and a short story or two. I am a jumbled mess.
3. I would be a student forever if I could. I love learning and I would love to go back to school and take class after class after class if I could fit it into my schedule. I tried for awhile but found it too difficult at this time with personal and work conflicts. So my new found education is writing and blogging.
4. I don’t celebrate Mother’s Day! (for me that is) I do for my mom, but not for me. I tell my kids that I am a mother everyday not just one day a year and that it doesn’t matter what day they do something nice for me, I know when they do it and I appreciate it. My children know how special they are to me. They can appreciate me anytime of the year and that is fine by me.
5. I am the youngest of four siblings.
6. I do not have a brother. I always wanted one though. I have three sisters. I only talk to one of them anymore due to our differences, but that’s life.
7. I literally cannot shut down. Not even to sleep. I have to have noise, like a fan or music on all the time or all the voices in my head take over. Just random things like all the things that I need to do; things I want to do, story ideas, edits, phone calls to make, etc… It never stops. Therefore music is my savior it helps me concentrate on what task is at hand and not everything else. Don’t know why, it is just that way.
As far as to whom I am passing it on to, I don't have many followers at this point, so some of you might have gotten this already.
I know that it is not enough people, but I am still making friends.
Thought of the moment....
No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!