Thought of the moment....

No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Young Love is a PITA

My daughter has had more complications in her nine month relationship with her boyfriend than happiness in my opinion. She is always upset or crying about something that he or someone else has done. Some girl was texting her last night telling Sadie (my daughter) that her boyfriend is unfaithful and he is sneaking around with this other girl etc....

I am so fed up with this I could scream. I hate seeing my daughter upset all the time and then when she wants him to come over and we let him, the little punk never acknowledges us. Never says 'Hi', never says 'Thanks for having me over, bye.' Nothing. We are at our wits end with it. I love my daughter and I would do anything for her, but I just wish she would open her eyes on this one.

Yeah, I know that there would be another and another and another, but still. I have been there and I know. This too shall pass. Argh! Fustration is not my best suit. I can't play nice. I am rather blunt about how I feel about things. Very open and up front, she knows this. She knows that I don't have a problem telling him that I have a problem with him or the way that he acts either when he is disrespectful in my home. I just want her to be happy so I have been bitting my tongue and it is about severed in half. I need reconstructive surgery to fix it!!

Anyone have any input on this one? Anyone? Anyone! Cricket! Cricket! Aw come on and help a sister out.

2 comments:

ElbieNy25 said...

It's a delicate balance especially with a teenager. Sometimes a parents opposition will only drive them further into their blind devotion.

When I was in college I had a good friend, or so I thought, named Christa. Christa was bad news and a bad influence on a very impressionable me. The more others tried to talk to me about her the more defensive I got and the closer I got to her as a friend. I didn't like others telling me what was good for me...typical teen mentality.

You can try having a talk, but in the end you're her mom and not her friend. I know that sucks, but part of learning how to walk is falling on your ass a few times.

Sam said...

I too have dealt with my teenage daughter having a horrible boyfriend! Not sure I have much to offer as I had a hard time biting my tongue at times. She did end up leaving this particular guy I'm thinking of but it cost her job that she loved and a lot of tears. When she left him though, it wasn't anything I had said/done/encouraged, rather she come to realize it on her own. Incidentally, she didn't tell me right away. Hang in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...