Thought of the moment....

No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!



Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Random Irritation

Last night when I got home from work and took the kids home, I then went to the store to get something to fix for dinner and some extras for the week. In the meantime, my husband, Brandon, Tanner and Logan worked on the barn to get it ready for the pigs for 4-H.

I returned from the store fixed dinner, and then sat down for about fifteen minutes and started to watch some television. This is something that I never get to do because the kids or my husband always have the remote in hand. But since they were outside I took the opportunity to sit down and try to enjoy myself for a few minutes.

That didn't last long. My husband and kids came in, ate dinner and then my husband decided that it was time to clean so he started dusting and knocked the cord out of the back of the television so that it clicked to a blank screen and the continued to vacuum and so on so forth. I appreciate the fact that the man wanted to do chores, but was this because I had the television first??? I was seriously a little ticked off about the situation so I went and did the laundry and dishes and then went to bed.

Who made it a law that I don't get to pick what we watch or get to watch television for more than fifteen minutes? Does this happen to anyone else?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...