Thought of the moment....

No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!



Monday, March 29, 2010

What is your most indispensable possession and why?

Mine is my Blackberry. I know how riveting is that? It is only because if you know what kind of lifestyle I live then you know how imperative my calendar feature is to have on it. Managing my schedule and the schedule of my husband with his doctor’s appointments plus our five kids and their appointments and sporting events my calendar is always full.
It is a blessing because it tells me where I need to be most of the time because sometimes I get sidetracked with work and minor catastrophes that pop up when least expected. I have all my important phone numbers in it plus it is on me at all times so that I can be reached by any of the kids or family in an instant.
The funny thing is that believe it or not, I do not have the internet on it. I know that is crazy considering that is the whole purpose to have one, but I just love it for the calendar function and keeping my shit straight from time to time. It is like in the movie Steel Magnolias, ‘I don’t know if I’m scratching my watch or winding my butt’ kind of thing. – Love that movie.
There is always somewhere I have to be or someone that I need to be on the phone with at one time or another through my day. I know that it makes me sound more important than I really am – seriously, I am not famous. I am just a very busy mom, and loving wifey who has a lot to do to take care of her family.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...