Thought of the moment....

No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!



Monday, March 29, 2010

What is your favorite song and why?

At this moment my favorite song is ‘Hello’ – by Evanescence. The reason that this song appeals to me is because sometimes I feel like I am looking at myself from the outside and that I write to create alternate personas for me to live through. I have been through many things in my life and have had bouts with depression and have prevailed. I can relate to this song because this reflects how you can feel sometimes on the inside and not be able to explain it to anyone.

Play ground—school bell rings ….again.
Rain clouds come to play….again.
Has no one told you she’s not breathing?
Hello, I’m your mind giving you someone to talk to.
Hello.
If I smile and don’t ….believe.
Soon I know I’ll wake…from this dream.
Don’t try to fix me I’m not broken.
Hello, I’m the lie you created so you can hide.
Don’t cry.
Suddenly I know I’m not sleeping.
Hello, I’m still here all that’s left of yesterday.

What’s your favorite song…share it with me. You don’t even have to tell me why.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...