Thought of the moment....

No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!



Monday, March 29, 2010

What is something you are pessimistic about?

I am very pessimistic about how we see the World. I feel that we Americans look down on one another because of income standards and if someone doesn’t live up to the same standards as some of us may think is the proper way of life then those people are disavowed. What irritates me the most is how we will go and take care of the entire World by building schools, hospitals, give free medical, rebuild cities and outsource jobs but fail to take care of our own here in America. I watch many Americans suffer with no medical coverage, no homes, we have to pay for educations and millions of hard working people are out of jobs because it is cheaper to go another route.
It is frustrating to see a commercial on television asking to sponsor a child from another country who is starving and under educated but what many of us fail to realize is that we have a lot of that right out our back doors. How many people have been affected by the economy and lost their jobs, therefore losing their home? Now they are forced to live in their cars, tents, on the streets and everywhere else that they can find refuge.
It is heartbreaking to know that we would rather raise money for other places and not take care of the very people who live in our great country that our military fight for everyday. Why are they fighting for us if we are turning our backs on our own family and reaching out to everyone else? I am not against helping the underdog anywhere, but I think that if we took a closer look, and I don’t mean down our noses, at the people around us; we would see that there are decent, hard working individuals that need our help just as much as any third world country.
I guess that is where you will find that I am a pessimistic person. I hate…ok hate is a strong word. I disagree with the way we treat one another. No one is perfect but everyone deserves a chance. Remember we are all human and we all make mistakes. No one can learn from mistakes if no one gives them a chance. So if you have the opportunity to do something nice for some stranger on the street that you have happened across in your daily trek then do it for me. Show me I’m wrong about the world.
If you are an employer, hire some off the street, not so fresh looking individual. It might not be that he isn’t a good worker; it just might be that he lost his home and doesn’t have the luxury of a shower. Donate clothing and food to the clothing and food pantries of your local churches to help those who have lost their jobs and are still waiting for public assistance or unemployment to kick in.
Smile at them, give them eye contact. They are people just like you and me. It wouldn’t hurt to even say “Hi.” Please go do this for me today. Go now….brighten their day. You might just find that it brightens yours a little to. Let me know how it made you feel. How did they react?
I could be totally wrong but growing up in a small town I am on a first name basis with pretty much everyone for three counties and I love to call everyone by their name, whether I am at the grocery store, gas station or even walking around the park. It is such a magnificent feeling watching their face light up when they hear their name because you know it. To them it is empowering. So go – EMPOWER the people! If they don’t thank you, I do. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do this experiment for me. THANK YOU!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...