Thought of the moment....

No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!



Friday, March 26, 2010

What is the best way to treat meddlesome people?

My sister might say slap the shit out of them, and I would say sounds like a good idea but then just ignore them. I have noticed that when you ignore those types of people and don’t give them the attention that they crave, it makes them self destruct in such a manner that you almost want to grab a lawn chair and a beer and sit back and watch the fireworks.

I usually try to steer clear of these people because they will try to wrangle you into their plot to meddle and then of course leave you holding the bag. I have learned this from experience when I was in junior high school. There was this girl that befriended me only to then do some atrocious things and then turn the majority of the school against me due to her blaming me for what she had done. Trying to straighten that fiasco out was a nightmare and has made me look very closely at people and friendships for a long time.

Meddlesome people should be handled like anyone else…..professionally. Treat them as you would like to be treated, but don’t get sucked into their world of pettiness and deceit. Make sure if it is someone you work with that you keep everything on a professional level and do not get personally involved outside of work with someone that could potentially harm your career if they get mad at you.

I personally stop the meddlesome one right at the beginning when they start plotting around me and let them know POLITELY that I am not partaking in their venture and just do what I need to in order to get my job done so that I can go home with a clear conscious at the end of the day. The meddlesome one either finds their own way into hot water or starts to show their true colors after awhile. So like I said you are more than sure to be able to sit back and enjoy a beer and watch the fabulous show of someone self destructing because they felt the need to do harm to others and karma stepped in and dealt them a hand that they could not maturely handle.

1 comment:

ElbieNy25 said...

I completely agree with you, although saying and doing are two totally different things. I ahve been burned countless times by these types of people.

BTW check out my blog, I gave you an award.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...