Thought of the moment....

No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!



Friday, February 25, 2011

Big Reveal of Crusade Challenge and an Award

Okay...so the lie was that I had never considered going under the blade. Tis true. This challenge was so fun and I enjoyed it so much. I am still working my way around to all the blogs and reading all the posts that I am enjoying meeting all the new people. What a great opportunity.

I also got a super wonderful award from the wonderful Tanya Reimer at Life's Like That awhile back and need to pay it forward. Thank you Tanya. I did not forget, but wanted to make sure I put enough into it.
With the prestigious award you must list seven (7) about yourself and then give it away to fifteen (15) newly discovered bloggers. That should be easy peasy since I am now a crusader and there are so many new bloggers to choose from right?...right? Okay, about me.

1. I am the youngest of three sisters and have no brothers but have always wanted one. Does anyone want to be my faux bro? I could use brotherly advice from time to time. Really. I'm serious. :)

2. Music is my down fall. I listen to it at all times. Even when I am at work...it doesn't even matter what it is. Seriously. Does it make me a bad person when Flyleaf's "I'm So Sick" is like my theme song when I'm writing?

3. I can't stand it when my feet are cold. It can be 76 degrees in the house and I will still put my house slipper on because I can't stand it. Sometimes the tile floor is still cold on my feet. Murphy thinks I'm nuts. But it is just me.

4. It is true that my brain does not shut off and my muse tells me a million secrets. She is pushing me in a million different directions and she makes it hard to follow one when I am ADD most of the time. I am not dissing anyone who truly has this diagnosis. I really do too. Not diagnosed by a doctor but it is the most logical explanation. I have a son with ADHD. I know all too well how he feels. Music controls me, helps me focus.

5. I have a strong addiction to Dove chocolate of any kind. Milk, Carmel, Dark, Almond...it doesn't matter as long as it is DOVE! Oh Yeah Baby!

6. I literally read a book a day. When I am in the mood. Really. I have read over 27 so far this year. If they are novellas I can sometimes read three to four. Since I can't sleep due to not being able to shut down, I pass the time with books and my Nook. I am crazy sometimes like that.

7. I totally dig meeting new people on here doing all the blogfests...It rocks.

Now for the fun part. Worthy bloggers to pass this along to and for others to go and check out.

Christi Corbett
Catherne Russell of Composing Cat
Susan Antony of Each Head Is A World
Samatha Sepulveda of Sepulveda
Shelly Arkon of The Life of A Novice Writer
Carla White of The Waters Edge
Mary Waibel of Waibel's World
Kelley Vitollo
Lisa Vandiver
Devin Bond of Devin's Musings
Susan Fields
Michelle Merrill of Perfecting the Craft
Julie Musil
Rebecca Enzor of Sticky Note Stories
Nicole MacDonald of Damsel in a Dirty Dress

I know that there are so many more wonderful people out there that I didn't mention, but this award is going around so I know that everyone is going to have one soon! Yeah!

40 comments:

Tanya Reimer said...

Love your 7 things! I can soooo relate. I mean; music all the time, chocolate on your mind, never sleeping, and a book a day. Wow. I just thought it was me. Nice to know I have a twin out there.

Carla White said...

I am impressed that you read so much... now I understand why you continually add new books on Goodreads. ;) And I totally agree about the feet thing... if my feet are cold, everything else is cold too so they have to be warm. I even wear socks to bed, which drives my boyfriend nuts, but I don't care cuz it keeps me warm.

Thank you thank you thank you for the award! I feel so honoured and will definitely pass it on as soon as I can. I appreciate it, Regina! And you certainly deserve it too. :)

Deborah Walker said...

Congratulations on the award, Regina.

Sarah Tate said...

Hiya! Just stopping by to say Hello to a fellow crusader. Great blog! I look forward to reading more! x

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award. Hmmm, chocolate.

PK HREZO said...

Wow, Regina... you are an amazing reader. I so wish I could devote that much time to reading.

Congrats on your award and to all those you've passed onto! :)

Devin Bond said...

Wow, thanks for the award! Totally with you on the music. :)

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on the award!

I often read a book a day as well. :D

Kathryn Rose said...

Your Goodreads list finally makes sense! ;) That's pretty sweet! I love Dove chocolate too, but I'm on a huge Lindt kick, and I blame Carla White for that (dark chocolate with sea salt? Hello, five pounds).

Amie Kaufman said...

I can't believe you read that quickly, I'd love to! I'm right there with you on the cold feet though!

Adina West said...

I don't read as fast as you evidently but I'm very impressed!

But the cold feet thing? I can totally relate. I can't get to sleep unless my feet are warm...

Savannah Chase said...

Congrats on the award...You sound like me with music..It is on 24hrs a day here.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous that you can literally read a book a day! You must read REALLY fast! Do you actually read every word or do you like skim the pages?! Do your eyes and brain just work super fast?!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for the reminder about the big reveal. I still haven't done that.

Anonymous said...

Dove chocolate is *so* good!!!

Congrats on the award!

Margo Berendsen said...

Hi from a new follower, thanks for following me! Glad I stopped by to meet a fellow DOVE chocolate lover. That is amazing that you can read so many books. I thought I was doing pretty good a two books a week! I would actually read more except my family would probably disown me :)

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Hi fellow crusader! Thanks for stopping by my blog. After reading your profile and this post, I like your style! Nice to meet you. I'm following you now.

Intangible Hearts said...

Congrats Regina!
I won an award like this too-but I didn't know about all the other stipulation...Oh no!

Alison Miller said...

Congrats on the award! And I just gave you another one!


http://alisonmiller20.blogspot.com/2011/02/awards-and-contests-and-conferences-oh.html

WritingNut said...

Congratulations on your award! Great list! I agree with you on the cold feet :)

Susan Fields said...

Congrats on your award, and thanks for passing it along to me!

My mother reads that fast - I'm always in awe of how quickly she gets through books. It makes her a wonderful critiquer, I never have to wait long to see what she thinks of my latest ms.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Congrats on your award!
I don't like cold feet either ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Regina! Sorry I am late replying, but didn't get on-line until late last night.

I promise I will pass this on within the next week!

Jen said...

Loved reading your list :D Music does help to focus all those crazy, mused induced thoughts.

Wow! A book a day? That's awesome!! I've finally met someone who reads faster than I do :D

Cheers!
Jen

Michelle Merrill said...

Thanks so much for passing it along to me!

I love that you wear your slippers all the time! My hubby is the same way. And I can't believe you read so much! I wish I could, but my kids would probably call someone to let them know that they are being totally neglected. :)

Chris Phillips said...

congrats on the award!

Unknown said...

Loved reading your Crusader Challenge and your lie reveal!

Too funny, I just gave you the same award you have posted here!
http://snippettsfrommymind.blogspot.com/2011/02/blogger-awardinteresting-things.html?spref=tw

Talli Roland said...

Ooh, I hate it when my feet are cold, too! And they are *always* cold. Ugh.

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Congrats on your award! If you like Dove, you should try Green and Blacks. It's my favorite chocolate. Also, my feet are pretty much always cold. I can't stand it either, so I've learned to always sit with my feet bunched up under me. It seems to help.

Sari Webb said...

I'll swap you a brother for a sister? I've got two brothers and no sisters and I always wanted to have a sister.

Theresa Milstein said...

You read a book a day? WoW!

Susan Fields said...

Hi Regina - I'm just dropping by to let you know I left you an award at my blog today. :)

Tracy said...

I'm soo far behind on the crusade it's kind of scary. Then again, in my defense, when I signed up for it there were only about 60 people. It kinda went crazy insane after that!

A book a day? That's some fast reading. I usually do about 1-2 a week. What type of stories do you usually read?

Ciara said...

Congrats on the Stylish Blogger Award! It's nice to meet a fellow crusader. I'm a follower now. Thanks for visiting my blog. I can't wait to come back and learn more about you.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

congrats on your award! :)

Margo Kelly said...

Love it! Congrats on the award!

Cheryl B. Dale said...

A book a day! I'm impressed!

Maeve Frazier said...

Just stopping by to visit your blog. Great Job! Lots of interesting reading.

Carol Riggs said...

Wow, a book a day! That's amazing. I can relate to the cold feet bit, too. :) Congrats on your award!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the award! :)

My feet are always cold too! Like, my big toes are almost always purple, and there is no way I can stand on the kitchen floor in bare feet, not even when it's 120F outside!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...