Thought of the moment....

No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!



Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Deadly Sin # 7…PRIDE

Pride is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and indeed the ultimate source from which the others arise. Identified as a desire to be more important or attractive than others, failing to acknowledge the good work of others, and excessive love of self.

I have self pride (I like me and am proud to call myself author), but cannot say that I want to be better or thought differently about than anyone else. I would also be displeased with myself if I failed to acknowledge others for their hard work or achievements.

This reminds me of the phrase ‘Keeping up with the Jones’. People like that tend to be annoying at times, but I usually just let them be. They are who they are and I am me. I cannot better myself by belittling anyone else, so I try not to be a hater.

Some days I win and some days I lose. I am not perfect. So tell me dearest readers, friends and random passers by who secretly want to start following my blog *wink*wink*, have you run across a sin suffer of Pride? Or perhaps you have suffered this curse yourself. I am not here to judge. I love you for who you are. And who you are is what makes you special to me. Don’t change!

Besides, who the hell are the Jones’ anyway and where did they get all their money? lol

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...