Thought of the moment....

No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!



Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sorting through the sludge

Do you ever have so much going on that you have to sort through all the things around you and prioritize?  That is what I have been working on for the past two weeks. Hectic sports schedules and being away from home make writing a challenge…but even more challenging is not having internet.

I have been without internet for over two months and it is making things difficult. I have to wait until I am somewhere that I can download files in order to do my beta reading and some of my other networking things. I did get myself an IPhone with internet, but it is not always easy to read on there nor do some of the documents that I would love to be doing instead of sitting through an hour and half football practice.

Don’t get me wrong, I love to watch my son practice…but, it is very time consuming to be away from the computer.  I really haven’t worked on the projects that I have been promising myself that I would work on…but I am getting to that.

I admire those who are more organized and structured than I am. I used to be very controlled and structured, but I think that for me I fell off the organization wagon after my husband was injured. He can be very time consuming also when we have to travel an hour and half to go to his therapy sessions and other doctors treating him.

So tell me…do you need a little more organization in your life?  Are there things that take over from time to time and leave you stranded like sports or other activities? How late do you stay up to get things done?

2 comments:

Carla White said...

I'm a pretty organized person, but I can totally relate to this... and I don't even have kids yet! I don't know how people juggle jobs, kids, spouses AND hobbies. I usually organize X amount of things in a day, but something always gets put on the back burner. Sadly, due to obligations, etc., it's usually the fun stuff... or sleep. You just have to find a balance between them all. Maybe we can't always do everything, but perhaps in moderation, we can try.

Sam said...

I crave organization and I am constantly striving for it... but yeah, my life is hectic and I just can't seem to keep up! I make a daily list but there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day-even during these few weeks off from work! I also have a break down point at night, where I'm like screw it, tomorrow is another day! As far as getting my house organized... such a beautiful dream, but the kids bring in more clutter and really, I remember how cluttered the house was when I was growing up. Then when my mother was old and alone, her place was perfectly cleaned and organized, so I cringe but I deal with it now and instead of trying to keep up with it, I just look the other way. Otherwise I would never get in any writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...