Thought of the moment....

No matter how hard you try, you will NEVER control anyone else's attitudes, actions, or outcomes. The only person that you have the ability to directly impact is you, and it is your responsibility to learn how to do just that...to utilize the knowledge, skills, and abilities you have been given to impact the world in the most positive way that you can EVERY chance you get!



Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I have lost me…

I got to thinking the other day and let me tell you…ohmebegez. Once I start it doesn’t stop for like three days – promise.

So I was pondering all the work I am attempting to put into my edits as I keep getting non-stop ideas (like volcano eruption – just keep writing until it crusts up). Then I also love and mean totally LOVE to beta read for people. I read and try to keep a blog. (as you can see) I am trying to twitter and email and network and keep up with where I started on Writer’s Digest…

Then there’s the peanuts football practices Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday nights. Volleyball games Tuesday & Thursday nights. Football games – J.V., Varsity and Peanuts – Monday, Friday Nights & Saturdays.  No joke!

So here it is the second week of school and already it looks like the only night we don’t have sports is tonight – WEDNESDAY – fabulous Wednesday night. As I look at trying to edit so that I can actually …maybe one day send my manuscript out to shop for an agent. Beta reading, writing, blogging, following blogs, tweeting, following tweets, and worrying about my following – “Am I entertaining enough?”

I’m so caught up in building a platform that I am losing me. Not to mention that my routine is a little insane and after sports I still have to check homework before I can play with my friends.

I just want to say ‘hang in there’. I’m not complaining or making excuses. I LOVE MY LIFE. It’s just a little bumpy like every one else’s. We all have our moments. Up, down, happy, sad, frustrated, or just plain pissed off.  We’re all human – but I don’t have to tell you that right? Ahem! Right?? Kidding.

However, my brain got a little rattled…okay. A lot. But it will get a jump start and back into action very soon. More ideas are getting thrown to paper so maybe they will show up here. Who knows. Until then, take care of you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots and Lots to do...That's part of the reason I don't twitter and everything. I'd die LOL. But you MUST read Hunger Games- the were sold out when I went- had to go to like 3 stores

Anonymous said...

You keep plugging away there girlfriend! It can be truly daunting, but never give up, just give time for everything else. Until then, YOU TAKE CARE OF YOU!

Unknown said...

Getting back into the swing of fall activities is always hard. Hopefully things will settle into a nice routine for you in a few weeks.

As for the ideas errupting from your head -- my suggestion is to write them down, just one or two quick phrases so you don't forget them. The fun is going back two weeks later and trying to figure out what the hell you wrote :)

Carla White said...

I totally thought the same thing as I got to bed at midnight last night - much later than I had planned to be in bed. You could always channel the busyness into your writing, use it as inspiration. I guess you did that here, lol. It's always good to vent and get it all out. Sometimes that makes you feel better. :)

PK HREZO said...

I hear ya,Regina! It's all so overwhelming. We can't possibly do it all. In about a month or two I'm taking a beta reading break so I can write a new story. It's so easy to get swamped with all of it. All the blogging, social media, and beta exchnages are fabulous, but they take us away from what we really want to be doing if we don't regulate them. And that's not including our dayjobs and family life!
I don't know how you do it with 4 kids! I'm in awe of you awesomeness! :)

Cheryl B. Dale said...

So do male writers have these kinds of problems? Or is the family, social life, housework, etc still pawned off on us poor females?

It takes time to write, unfortunately. Time you have to cut out for yourself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...